Saturday, April 26, 2014

Review and Swatches: Wet n Wild 5 Pan Palette “Art in the Streets”

 Even though the weather in San Diego has been less than pleasant these past few days (crazy I know), I decided it is about time to invite Spring in.  What better way to do that than to do a colorful, matte EOTD?  I decided to stop by CVS to pick up Wet n Wild’s new 5 pan palette in Art in the Streets.


picture of Wet n Wild 5 Pan Palette "art in the streets"
Artist In the Streets

Then I attempted to do a look using only these shadows…




WnW recently released the new 5 pan palettes a few months ago.  While the rest of them show the iconic “suggested placement”, Art in the Streets come with the shadows untouched and unprinted, the palette is your oyster!
Credits: WnWbeauty.com
Art in the Street include five bright, MATTE eyeshadows: Purple, orange, yellow, green, and sky blue. The WnW website described it this way: "From matte to ultra-shimmer, these long-lasting, highly pigmented formulas are satiny-smooth for crease resistant wear.  Enriched with Macadamia Oil, each shadow provides continuous moisture that improves the appearance of the delicate eye area." 

Upon first impression, the shadows seems powdery and crumbly.  I'm not quite sure how much the macadamia oil helps my eyelid, since these shadows are powder-like, rather than a cream consistency. I especially made a mess trying to swatch them… however, once I started applying it to my eyelid it seem to be more cooperative.  Be warned though, make sure you tap off excess eyeshadow before applying it to your eyelids, or else you may experience fallout all over your cheeks because of how easily these shadows are picked up.  Now, swatches and pictures!

WnW Art in the Street arm swatch over NYX Milk, Two Face Shadow Insurance, and bare arm
Swatch over NYX Milk, TFSI, and bare skin respectively.

Top row is Art in the Streets with NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk (a great undie to give colors, especially poorly pigmented shadows a pop!), middle is with Two Faced Eyeshadow Insurance, and the bottom on bare skin. Clearly these colors work the best with Milk, but if you don’t want to take the extra time trying to blend it on to your eyelids as well, a good primer should do the trick.

I would NOT recommend wearing this shadow on bare eyelids.  I believe that it will A. crease horribly or B. last for about 5 mins before it disappears.  However, with the help of primer and NYX Milk, the colors are vibrant and very blendable.

Now I couldn’t wait 24 hours before having to try out the palette, so I came up with a quick look using my usual staples as well as this palette.

I have already washed, moisturized, and primed my face.  I start on my eyes while I’m waiting for everything to set before foundation. I started with bare lids:

Naked eyes
Naked eyelids

Then continued to prime my eyelids with Shadow Insurance and layered on Milk in thin layers (do this to prevent creasing throughout the day!)


NYX Jumbo Pencil in Milk and Two Faced Shadow Insurance Primer on eyes
Lids with TFSI and Milk


Now here comes the shadows!  I use a mix of Elf Studio Brushes and Real Techniques Shading Brushes to apply my eyeshadow, but I do personally enjoy blending with RT brushes more. Here’s the outcome:


Wet n Wild Art in the Streets applied on eyelids
Lids with Artist in the Streets Palette


I ultimately could not find a good place to place the orange shadow and so I did not include it today.  The blue is also on my lower lashline as a light accent.  I placed the purple as a crease color, since my eyes are slightly hooded so after I took the pictures I decided to bring up the purple more to make it more visible when, you know, my eyes are open.  The yellow is in my inner half, while the green is in the outer corner.
Here’s the completely look:


Wet n Wild Art in the Streets applied on eyelids complete with liquid eyeliner and mascara
Including Sephora's 12 hr liquid eyeliner (Discontinued) and CG Clump Crusher Extensions Mascara

The website claims that it will "improves the appearance of the delicate eye area".  I don't think it actually affected the appearance of my eyelids, but I'm very please with this palette as a whole, especially spending less than $5.00 on it.  You can find Wet n Wild products in any of your major drugstores, or with the WnW Store Locator.

Xoxo-Lily

Products featured in this post were purchased by me for personal use.

2 comments:

I would love to hear your feedback and experiences!