Friday, October 10, 2014

Swatches and Review: NYX Wicked Lippies

Hello wonderful readers! I finally got NYX's Wicked Lippies in and I'm SO EXCITED to write about them.  If you remember the Macaron Lippies, the Wicked Lippies seems to be a response to them.  These lipsticks are described on the website as: "jeweled toned lippies available in 12 shimmering shades.Velvety smooth with a dazzling metallic finish, these richly pigmented lipsticks will leave your lips with the ultimate spellbinding look."

NYX Wicked Lippies from left to right: Power, Wrath, Risque, Sinful, Envy, Immortal, Betrayal
NYX Wicked Lippies from left to right: Power, Wrath, Risque, Sinful, Envy, Immortal, Betrayal
I really enjoyed swatching these, and there are some really great colors that are incredibly wearable.  Alright enough babbling, review and swatches behind the cut!
I got these Wicked Lippies from NYX Cosmetics' website.  If you sign up for their newsletter, you get 20% off your first purchase!

These lipsticks was announced literally months ago, with NYX teasing us with sneak peeks.  They were finally about a week ago, and oh man I couldn't wait to get my hands on them.  I ordered them and they got to me within a week (surprisingly...).  Altogether I only got 7 out of the 12 Wicked Lippies, after swatching them I'm seriously considering getting the rest.  Here are the swatches:

NYX Wicked Lippies in Power
NYX Wicked Lippies in Power
Power is such a beautiful light purple-pink. NYX describes it as a "deep metallic rose with silver shimmer" and it's basically right.  This would look so great with some rose-gold shadows. The color is opaque and beautiful and I just love it. Definitely wearable, although a little on the frosty side.

NYX Wicked Lippies in Wrath
NYX Wicked Lippies in Wrath
Wrath is an orange, copper color that just is UGH SO GOOD.  The website described it as "Metallic copper with an orange undertone". This color is very VERY flattering, especially those with yellow/gold undertone.  It's THE PERFECT FALL COLOR it's so beautiful. The shimmer isn't overpowering and it isn't so frosty like power is.

NYX Wicked Lippies in Risque
NYX Wicked Lippies in Risque
Risque. GUYS LOOK AT THIS IT'S SO BEAUTIFUL. "Deep metallic forest green" IS CORRECT. I wish I had already owned this color when I disneybounded as Ariel.  It's creamy, opaque, so perfect. Now if anyone has a lip liner they can suggest for this...

NYX Wicked Lippies in Sinful
NYX Wicked Lippies in Sinful
Sinful IS SUCH A PERFECT BLUE.  If you're a Dodger fan, this is really what you need. Or if you just want a really spectacular blue, this is it. "Deep cobalt blue with silver pearl". I'm going to start sounding like a broken record, but again this is super creamy, very opaque, and I can't wait to wear this out.

NYX Wicked Lippies in Envy
NYX Wicked Lippies in Envy
Envy made me feel like a space princess.  "royal metallic blue with silver shimmer" is how NYX describes this color.  Honestly this leans much more purple, or a violet color.  It was the sheerest formula out of the 7 so it took a while to get coverage. Still a great one to have and I'm going to try to wear it over some sort of lip liner or another color to make envy more solid.

NYX Wicked Lippies in Immortal
NYX Wicked Lippies in Immortal
Immortal  is a true purple, "bright purple with purple shimmer" is right.  It's very creamy, but it does move around quite a bit because of that.  With a lip liner though it will definitely fix any problems. It's a really great color though! Very wearable ;)

NYX Wicked Lippies in Betrayal
NYX Wicked Lippies in Betrayal
Betrayal is a sexy, deep plum-y purple that just so wonderful to wear and again perfect for fall.  NYX says it's "deep vamp purple with pearl" .  This color is really too pearly, which I actually really appreciated.  It reminds me of MAC cyber, but a little less dark and definitely not as matte.  Betrayal is still creamy and very opaque.

Overall,  I think NYX did such a great job with this collection.  I hope they keep up with the creamy formula.  It's nice to be able to find unconventional colors that have nice formula and is affordable.  As of right now they are not available in stores, but you can find them on NYX's website for $6.00 a pop. Thanks for reading!

Xoxo - Lily

Products were bought by the blogger for personal use

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your feedback and experiences!